Lose weight the delicious way...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Touching Base....

As most of my faithful readers are aware, I have been silent for many weeks.  I made an editorial decision to maintain silence on this site while I am negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement on behalf of my local union.  I felt that since much of my commentary touches on issues that affect businesses and unions, it would be better that I muzzle myself during this process.  If all goes well, we will have a new agreement in place by June 30th.  If negotiations stall or our membership rejects an agreement, this process will, by necessity, go on longer.

Once we are finished, whenever that happens to be, I promise that I will return with a vengeance.  I have many opinions just ready to burst from my fingertips.  In fact, I'm having trouble, even as I type, to keep myself from speaking out.  Unfortunately the only current issues that I would feel comfortable discussing are the Palin emails (why are they so important, but we can't see anything from Obama's past?) and Anthony's Wiener (good to know that Chris Matthews has referred to those of us who find what AW did wrong, as culturally backwards), neither of which deserve more than a simple parenthetical reference so it is far simpler for me to shut down until such time that I feel comfortable to speak freely.

You may be wondering what I have been doing to keep myself occupied during my self-imposed silence.  My oldest child is now a high school graduate and we've had many tear-filled events to attend.  My youngest has began his baseball season with me coaching yet again.  He is off to a stellar 2-0 record thus far.  My middle child has sought to go fishing quite often and caught a beautiful catfish on Wednesday which promptly jumped off the hook and hopped back in the lake before it could be grabbed - a dinner lost.  My sister has finally finished medical school and is now Dr. Boo.  And of course, I've had the pleasure of spending a bit more time with the beautiful Dawn.

In the next few weeks, I may drop in to share some fiction, discuss sports or post a sentimental-side story.  Or I may not.  I just don't really know.  But I hope that when I return, that you will return with me.  For today, I just wanted to touch base so you know where I've been.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment